A leading manufacturer of professional and retail fertilizer is searching for an Environmental Manager who is responsible for overseeing the overall environmental performance of the Company and for developing, implementing, and monitoring environmental strategies that promote sustainable development. Ability to travel as necessary >10%.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Complete or review preparation of permits for air, water, and waste at all facilities.
- Prepare, submit, and maintain RMP plan, SARA Tier II and Pesticide Production Reports.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and third parties as need on compliance and enforcement issues
- Keep apprised of federal, state and regional laws and regulations affecting facilities and maintain working relationship with regulatory agencies
- Aid facilities on waste management issues
- Maintain SWPPP and all records associated with plan
- Provide training to facilities as necessary on environmental regulations and in accordance with SWPPP
- Select and manage outside environmental consultants
- Assess, analyze, and collate environmental performance data and report information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies. Identify and manage corrective action, as necessary.
- Manage environmental strategy budgets
- Work with Safety Manager to update and maintain Integrated Contingency Plans for all facilities.
- Educate employees on environmental programs and policies
- Perform regular environmental audits to monitor emissions, contaminants, damages, and other environmental measurements with the goal of continued improvement.
- Develop and lead sustainability employee engagement program
- Periodically review Company’s environmental polies and ensure annual compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Law, or related education
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- 7+ years of work experience in the Environmental compliance field
- Proven knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations, principles and practices
- Proven ability to conduct comprehensive environmental training to colleagues, management, and external contractors.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to effectively relate and communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage “business confidential” and “environment” information.
- Proficient at an intermediate level of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Master’s degree in related field or Certified Environment Professional preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life/AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long-Term Disability& Retirement
- Relocation Assistance