Our client is recruiting for a Director of Environmental, Health and Safety with Food Production Industry experience. This position is virtually remote and can be based near a major airport in PA, NY, IL, MI, IN, MO, IA, WI, MN, KS, ND, SD, OK, CA, OR, WA, NV
This is just ONE of over 50 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide; many are confidential and not listed on our website. Refer a friend or client and be eligible for our REFERRAL BONUS that can pay you or your favorite charity. There is never any fee or contract for a candidate. All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!
Reporting to the CFO, the incumbent will be responsible for leading the strategy, management, overall direction and oversight of EHS programs across a multi-site, multi-state organization.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- 10 or more years of EHS management experience, preferably in food manufacturing and distribution organizations
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive multimedia Environmental processes and programs
- Demonstrated success in developing and utilizing leading and lagging KPIs resulting in driving health and safety metrics lower
- Demonstrated experience management Workers’ Comp programs
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
- Demonstrated success managing Safety across numerous remote locations, each with a small work team
- Demonstrated success in an ISO / OHSAS / VPP certified, LEAN facility and Behavior Based Safety environment
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- Professional Certification (CIH, CSP, CBSP, CHP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with corporate, individual plant and operations colleagues and serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Design, develop, align and implement corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Identify and train local Safety Champions
- Lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.
Response Instructions: Qualified candidates can apply via the link provided here I
Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please, however if you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please call 973-577-7575
Consentium Search is a niche professional search and recruiting firm committed to sourcing and recruiting exceptional professionals for our corporate clients’ EHS jobs.
Consentium Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Recruiting Firm. Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran candidates and all interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their credentials.