Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
When you join our team as an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator, you will be responsible for implementing and managing world-leading environmental and health and safety programs at the Philomath operation. This position will ensure compliance with all Interfor environmental, health and safety policies and procedures as well as OSHA, EPA and other agency regulations.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership in health and safety by demonstrating and upholding all safe work rules, procedures and practices, and addressing any unsafe acts and conditions as required.
- Provide support and direction to achieve EH&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership.
- Assist facility leadership with the development of short and long-term EH&S objectives, targets, strategies, and performance-based measures that prioritize and mitigate risks utilizing both leading and lagging indicators.
- Ensure EH&S system elements are integrated into the line organization’s responsibilities and expectations.
- Develop and maintain a written inspection and auditing program for the facility. Ensure that identified action items are completed and those actions are implemented effectively.
- Maintain an environmental and safety training program, including an annual training schedule for all regulatory and plant specific training.
- Ensure training is conducted as needed, including safety orientation for new hires and transferred employees.
- Facilitate industrial hygiene monitoring program to include periodically required personnel and area monitor of atmosphere contaminants, such as, but not limited to wood dust, welding dust and metal fume, heat stress, and noise.
- Accurately maintain all environmental, health, and safety files, permits, and records for the facility.
- Schedule and lead the facility safety and health committees. Ensures meetings are effective and that actions agreed to by the members are completed on a monthly basis.
- Lead the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazards.
- Lead the investigation of all accidents; compile and submit incident reports as required by Company reporting requirements; ensure effective incident follow-up investigations, including post incident re-training.
- Lead all regulatory and compliance inspections in coordination with ADEQ, EPA, OSHA.
- Effectively communicate facility Environmental, Health & Safety vision and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure all environmental permit requirements are completed on time and all required environmental reports are submitted before mandated deadlines.
- Maintain environmental records as required by Interfor management, state and federal law.
What You Offer
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related science, and /or an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety.
- Wood products or pulp and paper industry experience is preferred; industrial manufacturing safety experience is required.
- Well-versed in EPA, OSHA and related standards and regulations.
- Valid US State driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, staff, and external parties.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to investigate and evaluate safety conditions and incidents and make recommendations for workplace safety to conform to occupational safety standards.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.