Cambridge-Lee Industries is the copper-focused supplier to the Plumbing, HVAC, Construction, Industrial and OEM Markets and a market leader distributing globally from warehouse locations across the USA and Canada. Our manufacturing complex, located near Reading, Pennsylvania, includes a refinery, multiple casting furnaces, three tube mills and a 90,000 sq. ft distribution center.
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Engineer
Principal Purpose of the Position:
· Reviews plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements.
· Evaluates the effectiveness of various industrial control mechanisms.
· Installs safety devices on machinery or directs the installation of these devices.
· Reviews employee safety programs and recommend improvements.
· Assists Director EHS with audit requirements
· Assists Director EHS with special assignments and projects as necessary. May perform some of the Director EHS role and responsibility as necessary.
· Identifies continuous improvement activities to increase efficiency of EHS projects and reporting.
· Lead project teams in identifying tasks, processes and systems to reduce risk of human injury and property damage.
· Maintains and applies knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
· Participates in investigating safety & occupational health related injuries/accidents.
· Participates in implementing corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence of injuries & incidents.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Position Qualifications & Requirements:
· BS in an engineering discipline.
· Graduate Safety Professional (GSP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred.
· Eight (8) + plus years preferably in a manufacturing plant environment.
· High ability to work independently.
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent analytical / troubleshooting / investigation skills;
· Excellent use of MS Office (Word/Excel/Power Point/Access).
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
· Ability to lead a team in functional area of responsibility.
· The ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
· Prefer SAP experience.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
· Must be able to work in a heavy manufacturing environment.
· Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
· Must be able to walk extensively during the workday, and stand for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to wear required Personal Protective equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time.
· Computer work.
· Must be physically able to meet the tasks specified in accordance with CLI requirements.
Travel— Limited; Domestic
WHY CAMBRIDGE LEE INDUSTRIES (CLI):
CLI creates fulfilling / interesting / rewarding / ……careers for talented individuals interested in providing the highest standard of product and service to our customers.
Here are just a few reasons why to join our team: