We are a global Fortune 500 company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps ensure the ideas, perspectives and experiences of individual employees support a culture of learning and attract world-class talent within a safe environment.
Our EH&S team at our South Carolina manufacturing facility is seeking an EH&S Generalist to:
· Monitor and maintain the site’s EH&S management system
· Implement our EH&S policies and practices through the factory
· Drive and promote zero incident/accident culture through employee engagement
· Coach/mentor employees on safe work practices, hazard identification and risk management
· Complete risk assessments and implement appropriate level of controls
· Lead sustainability targets around Greenhouse Gas reduction, Carbon neutrality, and Zero Waste to Landfill.
To be successful in this role you will:
· Provide subject specific EH&S guidance and training in a broad range of topics including but not limited to the following:
· Work closely with Management, Supervisors, Engineers, and Technicians to address operational needs and concerns.
· Provide advice, support, and technical guidance to the EH&S Sr. Manager regarding safety opportunities on the production floor.
· Coordinate and conduct specialized Health and/or Safety audits and inspections of premises and operations in conjunction with others to monitor performance and assist the relevant line management to produce action plans to implement the necessary improvements.
· Oversee aspects of Health and/or Safety through the identification of hazards and risks to the site while implementing proper controls and corrective actions.
· Support various subcommittees which drive safety results such as Electrical safety and Machine Guarding, Laceration Prevention, Change Management.
· Participate in incident investigations and provide valuable input for corrective actions.
· Comfortable working on the manufacturing floor environment and works independently with minimal supervision.
· Highly motivated, positive, can-do attitude eager to learn and get involved.
· Management of regulatory environmental requirements
· Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA standards and American National Standards and regulations concerning H&S.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
· Experience with job hazard analysis, machine safeguarding, lock-out/tag-out, and emergency response.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· OSHA 511 course completion
· Ergonomic risk assessment experience
· Experience with EH&S Management system practices
· ISO 14001 experience