Whatever you do today, Nordson Corporation is likely a part of it. We engineer, manufacture and market differentiated products and systems used for precision dispensing and processing in a variety of end markets, from packaging to transportation and medical to electronics.
Founded in 1954, we operate under the values of integrity, respect for people, customer passion, energy and excellence. Nordson is headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, and has direct operations in more than 30 countries to support our products and systems with application expertise and a direct global sales and service organization.
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
The EHS Manager will provide policy, direction, and oversight for environmental, health and safety for Nordson global operations. The EHS Manager implements on-going Journey to Zero strategy and assists Nordson business divisions in implementation of site EHS programs in accordance with company policies and standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, maintain, and promote a culture where all incidents are preventable.
- Establishes standards and methods of measuring environmental, health, and safety performance.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of 3 direct reports as well as interface with the associated business segment team members.
- Monitor and communicate applicable regulatory developments and Nordson directives across the organization.
- Ensure compliance with EHS-related governmental regulations and internal EHS Standards.
- Coach, develop and advise divisions on safety issues and compliance on specific projects and operations.
- Analyze incident reports, metrics and incident case studies in order to propose changes to lead a safe workplace.
- Prepare and present regular KPI metrics review with facility, business division, and segment leadership.
- Identify best practices and benchmark opportunities for EHS and drive continuous improvement.
- Interface with the necessary governmental agencies, customers, senior leaders and internal customers as required.
- Collaborate with Corporate Development during the due diligence and integration phases.
- Collaborate with Risk & Insurance to coordinate industrial hygiene surveys and support sites with recommendations.
- Support sites with incident reporting, incident investigation, corrective actions and workers’ compensation claims.
- Support sites with closure of property insurance audit corrective actions.
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Seven to ten years experience in environmental, health, and safety in an industrial manufacturing environment with international operations.
- Experience with U.S. health and safety regulations, environmental permitting and environmental reporting requirements.
- Experience with shipping dangerous goods by various modes.
- Experience developing and implementing global strategies and EHS programs.
- Experience with international environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- ASP or CSP certification.
- In depth knowledge of EHS regulations and consensus standards (e.g., DOT, IATA, OSHA, EPA, NFPA).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence behaviors.
- Proven ability to establish credibility and be decisive, ability to recognize and support organization priorities, mission and code of ethics.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze and interpret raw data.
- Superior communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively prioritize and execute.
- Leadership and coaching skills.
- Presentation skills including the ability to effectively conduct training programs.
- MS Office 365.
- Ability to identify, develop, and implement best practices based on lean principles.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Estimated 25-30% Domestic & International