PLZ Corp is the North American leader in specialty aerosol and liquid product manufacturing. The PLZ family of companies specializes in the development, manufacturing, packaging, and distribution of a comprehensive line of contract fill, branded and private-label products. We formulate, blend, fill and package more than 2,500 branded and private label products including cleaners and polishers, industrial solvents, lubricants and degreasers, adhesives, sanitary supply disinfectants, insecticides, air fresheners, and personal care products for home and industrial use.
We are hiring an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to support the Clinton, MO facility. The EHS Manager is responsible for driving Environmental Health and Safety compliance, while building cross functional relationships and facilitating a behavioral based culture.
- Ensure company compliance with all applicable EHS Regulations.
- Practice transparent compliance by utilizing EHS walk-throughs, corrective action logs, risk assessments and behavioral based safety observations.
- Champion efforts to audit physical conditions and safe work practices and researching standards, regulations, etc.
- Implement, educate and maintain policies, practices, and programs associated with all phases of occupational safety, health, accident prevention, and environmental compliance.
- Lead and investigate employee near miss, corrective action, incident investigation, root cause discovery and reporting efforts. Ensure cross communication with sister sites.
- Recommend, develop, implement and create programs in order to reduce work related incidents or injuries with emphasis on prevention efforts geared toward near miss reporting, zero incident-injury goals and risk mitigation efforts.
- Manage EH&S training programs including but not limited to Emergency Action and Fire Prevention, Hazard Communication, GHS, Process Safety Management, Lockout/Tagout, Proper Storage and Disposal of Hazardous – Non Hazardous Waste.
- Gather and interpret data needed to provide on time delivery of annual EH&S state and federal reporting.
- Provide timely new product/process safety reviews via the Workflow System and actively participate in Management of Change efforts.
- Create strong and effective Hazardous Waste Operations/Spill Response Team. Serve as site's Incident Commander.
- Fostering EHS Committee(s) that will aid in a strong and sustainable safety culture.
- Bachelor degree with focus in safety, environmental science or health, chemistry, engineering or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in the EHS capacity in an industrial environment preferably within process manufacturing, petrochemical or chemical manufacturing.
- Specific knowledge and experience in local, state and federal regulations relating to safety & environmental issues.
- ASP, CSP, CIH or CHMM preferred.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to drive change.