Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Plant Safety (EHS) Manager
The ideal H&S Leader will:
- Be capable of driving change across the location
- Have a passion for injury prevention, compliance, and risk reduction
- Be capable of facilitating and sponsoring employee led teams that solve problems and lead the campus to World Class Safety
- Be capable of aligning the local team and influencing others to achieve the desired health and safety performance objectives
- Participate as a key member of the location leadership team
Performs a variety of Health and Safety Tasks including but not limited to: Leading the local OSHA Compliance activities, Managing Work Comp Claims with our Third-Party Administrator, Initiating, driving, and managing key injury prevention activities, Sponsoring employee project teams, Engaging associates, and Monitoring and managing our leading and lagging indicators. Will work directly with corporate Health and Safety Directors.
- Develops, evaluates and maintains effective health/safety policy and procedures to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements, these activities include but are not limited to Safe Operating Procedures, , Lockout/Tagout, Hearing Conservation, and Powered Industrial Trucks
- Administers safety compliance activities including but not limited to: tracking, reporting, and scheduling.
- Maintains effective relationships with external parties such as: regulatory agencies/governmental agencies, vendors, suppliers, customers, and local occupational health clinics.
- Conducts routine audits and inspections of our procedures and controls. Recommends and facilitates corrective actions to maintain the effectiveness of the procedures and controls.
- BS degree, preferably in safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental related discipline and 1 - 5+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to influence others outside of your direct control.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed. Our locations operate 24/7 and the ideal candidate will have the occasional need to be in the facility during non-traditional business hours.
- Must be able to work at other locations that may include overnight travel on occasion.