Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is a global leader in the development and supply of phase change materials (“PCMs”). The company’s proprietary PCMs, collectively referred to as BioPCM® include PCM’s certified with 100% bio-based content and listed among the USDA’s BioPreferred® Program products. BioPCM® products can store and release thermal energy at temperatures ranging from -75°C to 175°C while exhibiting a variety of additional advantages. This precise tunability enables customers worldwide to use BioPCM® products to reach their sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Since its founding in 2011, PCS has helped maintain optimum temperatures and save energy in a range of industries: transportation of perishables and pharmaceuticals, buildings and structures, telecom and data centers. PCS was recognized as a 2020 Global Cleantech 100 company and one of ten Bloomberg BNEF Global Pioneer award winners for 2020 and one of nine inaugural cohort companies in The Clean Fight New York.
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Greensboro, North Carolina
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager oversees the company’s compliance with local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations. The EH&S Manager ensures compliance with all EH&S regulations and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the company.
· Develops environmental, health and safety procedures/programs for all areas of the company and modifies as necessary and conducts program reviews at least annually
· Conducts monthly virtual EH&S meeting with selected employees
· Conducts Instructor-led safety training including respirator, forklift, and Confined Spaces Programs
· Conducts job hazard analysis and identifies proper PPE equipment for each task
· Conducts new hire safety training
· Inspects all facilities regularly to identify safety, health and environmental risks and assigns findings to responsible area managers
· Conducts environmental time weighted average (TWA) air sampling and TWA noise sampling
· Conduct incident investigations using analytical procedures such as the “5Ys” and/or “fishbone” methods of analysis. When called upon, the EH&S manager will work with the HR organization and/or Worker’s Compensation carriers on incident evaluations and suggest go forward methodologies
· Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections in the manufacturing environment. Train and utilize other employees on conducting safety walkthroughs in their areas
· Creates the annual OSHA reporting requirements and posts and monitors monthly
· Ensures that safety data sheets (SDSs) are maintained and readily accessible when needed
· Creates all necessary material labeling to ensure employee safety and awareness
· Orders and manages necessary plant safety equipment and PPE
· Interfaces with external agencies as necessary (federal, state and local) during plant visits and prepares and implements any needed remediations
· Performs other related duties as assigned by leadership including but not limited to conducting all COVID-19 company required protocols
Skills and Experiences
· Bachelor’s degree in EH&S related areas of study
· 5 or more years of experience in EH&S management in a manufacturing environment
· Extensive knowledge of EH&S regulations and policies (federal, state and local) including (but not limited to) OSHA 10 and 30, first responder training and OSHA 300 log management
· Proven ability to positively impact the work environment and lead by example
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Proficiency in atmospheric testing equipment when preparing for Confined Space Entry
Vision & Values
Our Vision: Smart Materials for People and the Planet
Our Values: Teamwork, Respect for All, Uncompromising Integrity, Environmental Consciousness
Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of PCS to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.