The Environmental Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager will provide leadership necessary to develop a first class EHS culture. This will include development of programs, training, and compliance auditing to ensure that the companies are complying with all regulatory standards and providing safe working environments at various facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible risk management for Environmental Health and Safety for Pawnee Waste Landfill and other related entities.
- Provide EHS leadership to all companies located in Colorado and Wyoming
- Develop and improve programs as necessary to enhance safety and environmental culture and performance
- Interface with staff at facilities as needed to audit, train, coach and ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field preferred; Master’s degree desirable.
- Background in fluids analysis or chemistry preferred
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Reports to the General Manager
- Vehicle, laptop, cell phone and expense card provided for business purposes
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Compensation commensurate with experience level.
- Salary Pay Range: $80,000 - $125,000
The successful candidate will be required to pass a drug screen and background check after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.