Hoffmaster Group Inc, an industry leader producing the most complete line of specialty disposable tabletop products for over 70 years, is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager at our GMSP manufacturing facility in Oconto, WI.
Hoffmaster competes in three distinct business segments – Foodservice, Consumer, and E-Commerce. Our products can be found in thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, and more. As a customer centric company, we strive to deliver innovative solutions to both our customers and the ultimate end users of our products. This Innovation is a key part of what we do here at Hoffmaster, and we continue to drive the industry forward by investing in our employees and state-of-the-art technology.
The EHS Manager will be responsible for driving continuous improvement for Environmental Health and Safety functions. This is a passionate leader that strives for a high performing EHS culture.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local governmental regulations. Includes written programs, record keeping, reports, inspections, monitoring, testing, training and medical surveillance per guidelines.
- Develops and delivers safety training programs to ensure employee’s knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety and regulations.
- Manages Safety programs including cost control/reduction and accident prevention/reduction.
- Coordinates Industrial Hygiene, Fire Prevention/Protection and Ergonomic programs. Includes all required training, record keeping, monitoring and reporting programs and results.
- Ensures all safety issues identified during internal/external audits and Safety committee audits are resolved.
- Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Administers the Worker’s Compensation and Transitional Return to Work Program.
- Is considered a resource for the other facilities as required.
- Manages the EHS budget and approves budget expenses.
- Facility main contact for the Security System and troubleshoots any concerns. Facilitates any security investigations.
- Facilitate team support of policies related to EHS
- Lead efforts in properly treating workplace injuries or illnesses while ensuring company medical providers are unbiased and understand OSHA and internal rules on injury reporting.
- Provide EHS direction, assistance and support for corrective actions and recommendations to assure plant safety improvements.
- Create a culture of injury-free attitudes within the plant team by demonstrating honest, genuine care and passion for safety.
- Evaluate documented reports of findings with corrective actions for resolution and remediation on a regular basis to ensure validity.
- Conduct and lead emergency response efforts during local crisis and/or contingency (weather disasters; bomb threats; Homeland Security; Civil Defense Response or other governmental agencies and tasks forces in addressing emergency situations at the facility.
- Follow and Maintain all Food Safety, GMP and HACCP Guidelines
- Five years of EHS experience in manufacturing. Extensive experience may be supplemented for degree requirements.
- Experience in managing/handling compliance issues, permitting for all media, manufacturing operations, OSHA/EPA programs, regulatory reviews, permit preparation, reporting and record keeping.
- Knowledgeable in hazard identification, auditing, and inspections; conducting EHS training; OSHA 300 and internal record-keeping and related governmental reporting requirements.
- A solid demonstrable working knowledge and experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM, ASME, BOMA and BOCA standards.
- Experience with Federal, state and local Worker’s Compensation law.
- Prior experience establishing proactive Ergonomics Program.
- Proficient user in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication, leadership, training, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel – 10-20% of the time.
- BS degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or other science field.
Hoffmaster Group Inc.
We care about our employee’s wellbeing which is why we offer a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances, student loan assistance, physical and mental wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program, and more!
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.