The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager is responsible for the environmental, health and safety leadership to the site. They will assist site leadership with establishing site specific policies and standards to ensure compliance with regulatory and Danfoss Global EH&S requirements, prevent injuries & illnesses, reduce workers’ compensation costs, and help create a strong EH&S culture. This individual is accountable for: directing EHS activities at his/her locations(s); establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS Performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages.
Position is responsible for: maintaining site ISO/OHSA certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closures of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security; managing facility maintenance team; creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- You will support the site in achieving EHS targets and objectives. Direct development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- You will facilitate risk assessment at the location to critical EHS hazards and aspects. Work with your team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks. Determine appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Plans, implements, and oversees approved safety and environmental policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations. (i.e. Occupational Safety and Health, USEPA, State EPA, Municipal) Maintains accurate records as required for these agencies.
- Ensure that the local management system is compliant to agreed customer requirements, ISO1400, ISO45001 and other requirements with the scope of certification.
- You will support creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results. Work to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements. Drive and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- You will create and facilitate EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year. Work with your team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- You will pursue third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Danfoss’ EHS program as world class.
- You will use established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information. Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion.
- You will work with your team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Champions safety awareness through education, training, program development, documentation, and job specific support.
- Conducts audits to detect existing or potential environmental, fire, safety, and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Facilitates the investigation of incidents, injuries, and near misses and maintains proper documentation. Assists in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations. Ensures proper completion of the Initial WC Report (801) and makes sure employees receive initial appropriate care.
- This position must work closely with many employees throughout the plant and gain consensus, support, and commitment to carry out various programs. This position interacts will all levels of employees, customers, vendors, other locations, and regulatory agencies.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in environmental, health, and safety (or a combination of these functions).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Science from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience implementing or maintaining EH&S Management Systems, e.g. ISO 14001, ISO 45001.
- Significant knowledge of U.S. Environmental, Safety & Health laws (OSHA & EPA) required.
- Strong communication, presentation, training and facilitation, project management skills are essential.
- Proficiency in LEAN and Continuous Improvement manufacturing principles.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Process safety management experience desired.
- Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Access databases.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze safety & health data.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma