Refresco: endless opportunities
Our vision is both simple and ambitious: to put our drinks on every table.
We are the world’s largest bottler for retailers and A-brands, and our products are distributed worldwide from our production sites in Europe and North America. So, although our own branding may not appear on the labels of the beverages we produce, there’s a good chance you are reading this while sipping one of our drinks.
Our ambition and our drive to continually improve is what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re solutions based. We’re innovative. We seek out new challenges and conquer them. This is our company ethos, but it’s our people’s too: Refresco is at the cutting edge of a fast moving industry because we have passionate people pushing the boundaries of what’s best. So stop and think: how would you put our drinks on every table?
Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
The EHS Manager will provide full support to the operations team to ensure leadership and management of the safety program. To drive a consistent approach across all EHS activities on the Refresco site. Driving forward the HSE management systems by influencing the management team, whilst working with the operations team to ensure compliance. To liaise with Group HSE Team to ensure consistency between sites.
- Working alongside the Group Health, Safety and Environment Manager with the development of company management systems. Due to the nature of the role some cross site HSE interaction will be required
- Play and active part of yield/waste reduction on site with the production team.
- Technical support, advice and guidance to managers on HS&E legal compliance and best practice
- Driving the Site Management Team to effectively implement the Safety Management System
- Co-ordination of site EMS and Environmental Permit including:
- Review environmental aspects and assisting with development of control measures
- EMS & Permit documentation, control, and records
- Internal Audit Schedule, undertaking audits and aligning on timely corrective actions
- Environmental performance reporting for Environmental Permit
- Undertaking BAT reviews in conjunction with Departments
- Providing support, assistance, and guidance to Departments on:
- Risk assessment programs
- HS&E audit and inspection programs
- Development of HS&E operating procedures
- Incident investigations
- Management of
- HS&E training programs
- EHS Audit schedules
- HS&E non-conformances and close out
- Management of Waste management including “zero to landfill” ensuring that optimal revenue is obtained for all waste created:
- Maintenance of Waste Stream Matrix
- Duty of Care records and audits
- Liaison with waste management contractors
- Equipment servicing and issues
- Maintenance of HS&E KPI data including:
- Accident statistics
- Environmental Permit Annual Returns
- Environmental KPI’s
- Liaison with People Department on Occupational Health matters
- Demonstration of behaviours to support the key nature of this critical role to the site.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- An effective understanding of Manufacturing technology and process and the HSE risks associated with an FMCG company.
- Solid knowledge of HSE systems
- Ability and commitment to drive change whilst working within teams
- Understanding and awareness of ISO14001 and OSHSAS 18001 standards and the competence to coordinate effectively.
- Ability to provide an education and training resource for all operators in key HSE tasks
- Ability to understand the principles and processes of effective communication/presentation and when/how to apply them in all aspects of the role.
- Understands the principles and processes of effective communication and how to apply them, also to understand how to give feedback in a way which enhances confidence and commitment.
- Understands the principles of HS and Environmental auditing and how to conduct an incident investigation.
- Understand how to collect and validate sufficient information on the effectiveness of HSE systems to make recommendations on improvement.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety as a minimum
- Formal Environmental qualification e.g. IEMA Diploma in Environmental Management
- Professional and confident individual who is comfortable challenging existing ways of working and has the tenacity, gravitas and influence to make change happen.
- Enthusiastic, self-managed.
- Have the ability to prioritize workloads and demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Experience of working in a busy manufacturing and engineering environment.
- ISO14001 auditor certified
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years Management experience applying environmental and safety and wellness and DOT regulations and programs in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent experience preferred. Experience supporting safety in multi-site locations, including strategy and implementation.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist preferred.
- Safety engineering degree preferred.
- Physical-Continuously standing or walking. Regular requirements to lift/handle/carry material or equipment of moderate weight.
- Visual/Sensory-This position requires regular need to give moderate attention with one or two senses at a time.
- Work environment- Work and environment are very repetitive.
- Mental Stress- There is pronounced pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy, or similar demands.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.