Living Proof is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist to join the organization as part of the R&D team. Responsibilities will include ensuring facility compliance with EHS corporate requirements and government regulations and supporting laboratory operations. This is a full-time position based in Boston, MA and will report to the Product Development Manager.
· Lead the development, implementation, and management of EHS policies, programs and practices ensuring compliance with corporate requirements, and state, local and federal regulations.
· Serve as the safety leader to ensure all employees know, understand, and execute safe work practices in all areas of the facility with a specific focus on laboratory employees.
· Train, mentor, and lead the site employees to be competent at all aspects of EHS required to fulfill their job duties safely and correctly.
· Manage and maintain all permitting and regulatory reporting to ensure compliance with the local, state, and federal agencies.
· Conduct safety audits and inspections to detect existing or potential incident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
· Work with safety committee to develop site-specific annual objectives for safety, environmental, and industrial hygiene improvements that support company goals and policies.
· Manage regulatory agency relationships, annual compliance audits, inspections, inquiries, contacts, and reporting.
· Act as site lead for hazardous material shipping, ensuring proper procedures are adhered to.
· Review certifications and recommend appropriate training to meet the needs of the business.
· Ensure training records are maintained.
· Serve as primary point of contact with vendors and laboratory service providers, coordinate regular maintenance of laboratory equipment, and manage relevant documentation.
· Manage chemical inventory and conduct regular audits of hazardous chemicals to ensure compliance.
· Supervise laboratory waste streams, manage Main Waste Accumulation Area, and oversee laboratory waste disposal.
· Maintain general laboratory supplies inventory and manage procurement of supplies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science/Engineering, Operations, Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Business Administration, or other related fields.
· Minimum of three years of relevant experience.
· RCRA and DOT HazMat certification preferred.
· CPR/First Aid certification a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products.
· Excellent organization, planning and multi-tasking skills.
· Strong interpersonal, written/verbal and presentation skills.
At Living Proof, we're rooted in innovation.
We solve the toughest beauty challenges with science and patented technology. Our founders are hair stylists who were fed up with the limitations of conventional products and scientists from outside the beauty industry who were not confined by preconceived notions of what can and can’t be done.
Twenty patents, over 50 products, and more than 150 awards later, we have countless love letters thanking us for making products that keep their promises and for changing lives in ways both big and small.
We are the Living Proof. And we’re growing. We offer an open, creative, and fun work environment, along with comprehensive benefits.
Please note that a COVID vaccination is a term of employment for Living Proof and thus required. No offers will be extended until proof of vaccination is provided.
Diversity is a core value at Living Proof. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all employees. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.