NISHIKAWA COOPER LLC (NISCO) is a joint Japanese-American venture between Nishikawa Rubber Company of Hiroshima, Japan and Cooper Standard of Novi, Michigan. Located in northern Indiana, the company is a Tier I supplier of dynamic rubber weather-stripping to the automotive industry.
We at NISHIKAWA COOPER LLC believe that our success can be greatly attributed to the spirit of teamwork. We believe that our associates are our greatest asset and strive to provide an outstanding salary and benefits package, as well as recognizing associate accomplishments. We are pleased that you are interested in joining our organization.
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support management’s efforts to ensure compliance with corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal and state law. Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities
- OSHA record keeping, associate return to work/light duty
- Treatment of facility work related injuries and illnesses and coordination of their care with physicians.
- Coordinate compensation for work related injuries and illnesses with Workers Compensation Insurance Carrier.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues
- Conduct training and coach associates on observed work habits in support of this effort.
- Perform Safety Observations & Audits, Safety & Ergonomics Committee Chair
- Safety Data Sheet Management (SDS)
- Assist in environmental activities to support ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- Tours plant to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Provide (or facilitate access to) immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance, or medical attention.
- Conducts or coordinates safety and first aid training to educate workers about safety policies, laws, and practices.
- Facilitate incident investigation process -Investigates facility accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
- Enter Safety Incident Information in Metrics database in a timely manner
- Complete weekly inspections of satellite waste sites & complete and maintain inspection books
- Maintain quarterly and annual inspection records for scissor lifts and aerial boom
- Waste minimization
- Write spill reports when needed
- Handles all chemical transferring from one container to another so it is performed with the proper transferring methods
- Transports drums from satellite sites, manage universal waste disposal & collection, and assist with shipping of recycling waste
- Ensure conformance with regulatory compliance and the management of all chemical and industrial waste activities related to hazardous waste management such as waste manifesting, packing, marking, labeling, handling, storing as assigned
- Perform spill response and clean up actions as assigned.
- Ensure the management of containers in accordance with current OSHA, EPA and DOT guidelines as assigned.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance in accordance with our attendance policy.
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other hours per day or hours per week as is determined necessary or desirable to meet our business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the supervisor determines is necessary or desirable to meet our business needs.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing to comply with all safety laws and all of our safety policies and rules.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (NOTE: To be considered for this position, the applying associate should have the following qualifications.)
· Prefered miniumal of Assoicates Degree
· Self motivated, confident in decision making process and assertive.
· Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a verbal or written form.
· Must be able to read and understand basic safety and work instructions.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions
· Ability to effectively understand several abstract and concrete variables leading to a sound conclusion.
· Ability to stand, use hands, fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Also walk, talk, and hear.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.