Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist located, at the PDC, in Danville, IL. The Parts Distribution Center (PDC) is the primary parts distribution center for the North America and several global export markets.
HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 90 years.
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist plays a key role in meeting all EHS compliance requirements and coordination of the various EHS programs. Will be responsible for providing EHS expertise and support of the various aspects of the EHS functions through focused day to day administration, EHS program coordination and data support for the identification, development and implementation of the various EHS programs and continuous improvement initiatives while meeting all EHS State and Federal regulations and requirements. This position will lead EHS initiatives much like a project Manager.
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist Will Provide the Following Key Accountabilities:
- Identification, Development, Leadership of EHS training, training materials and efforts to support the needs of the operation to effectively balance and improve safety, quality and overall efficiency.
- Develop processes for tracking, reporting and developing training materials, annual training plan and maintain all training records that meet the needs of the operation and support compliance efforts with OSHA and ISO Business Management System if applicable.
- Develop and deliver all EHS training programs and ensure all training materials are in compliance with OSHA standards and overall safety in the workplace.
- Proactively identify training gaps and develop training programs that support facility needs and initiatives.
- Manage workers Compensation case management and documentation, post accident/injury investigations and documentation. Will serve as company representative in court proceedings
- Manage WC for all employees and ensure compliance, proper coordination and execution of benefits by working closely with the Third Party Administrator to ensure timely and accurate resolution of claims.
- Maintain facility/ legal compliance of postings, documentation, reporting and procedures.
- Ensure Accident Reports are completed timely and accurately and ensure proper coordination with Occupational Medicine, supervisors and employees regarding appointments, restrictions, etc.
- Complete all required state and federal reporting to include OSHA Logs and reporting.
- Provide timely data, reporting, communications and trend analysis for identification into safety opportunities and implementation into safety initiatives.
- Develop facility safety and wellness programs and be a key contributor in the identification and problem solving activities that drive improved EHS results through methods such as Value Stream Mapping exercises and Kaizen Events. Work closely with staff and employees to:
- Identify safety opportunities and recommend appropriate resolutions which may include the development of appropriate training programs and needs.
- Ensure proper training programs are in place (job rotation, 1st responders, hazmat, etc.).
- Ensure accident reviews on all accidents, injuries, and near misses are conducted and facilitate discussions with the safety committee in resolutions to safety opportunities.
- Conduct facility safety audits, hazard assessments and PPE compliance audits.
- Administration and coordination of EHS processes and procedures, for example; ISO 14001 & ISO45001, BBS, SMS, EMS JHA and emergency response program
The Successful Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (EHS) Must Meet the Following Requirements:
- B.S. degree in related discipline (Occupational Safety, Safety Sciences, and/or Environmental Engineering)
- In lieu of degree, 8-12 years of progressive related EHS experience
- Broad EHS knowledge of 4-7 years industry experience preferred
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Specialized knowledge of Federal and State environmental health and safety regulations and requirements to include workers compensation, RCRA, EPCRA, TSCA, NPDES, CAA, PSM/RMP, SPPP/SPCC, DOT, OSHA and EPA.
- Effective communication, presentation, facilitation and problem-solving skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and planning experience
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.