The FILA brand was founded in 1911 in Italy with a bold vision and strong point of view inspired by its surroundings. The vision was to create clothing that felt as natural to the wearer as their own skin. The FILA brothers drew their inspiration from art and fabrics and combined them in such a way that effused grace and vigor. That vision can still be felt today: FILA seeks out athletes and figures who represent grace, individuality, and a disruption to the status quo. Transcending race, gender, and class, the brand makes its mark wherever performance-minded individuals can be found.
FILA has collaborated with sports figures such as Grant Hill, one of basketball’s most iconic players, to both design a collection of footwear that serves the modern athlete and to build communities. FILA’s designers are committed to the founders’ vision and are constantly trying to move the needle in the world of athletic fashion by absorbing art and culture as it happens around them. The brand strives to be intentional in everything it does, and to do so with integrity.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Supervisor will be responsible for managing and implementing environmental, health and safety programs that are aligned to Fila USA’s EH&S programs to prevent environment issues, injuries and health impairment across all shifts at the Brandon Woods Distribution Center. The EH&S Supervisor will proactively provide support and guidance to operational leaders, supervisors, and employees on day-to-day health, safety, and environmental requirements of the Center.
The individual must be a creative and proactive contributor, while remaining focused on continual improvement showing a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm while striving to maintain the safest working environment possible. This position requires communication with employees at all levels within the distribution center and local regulatory agencies.
- Proactively involved in ensuring that safe work practices are observed within the Brandon Woods warehouse at all times
- Leads the Brandon Woods safety programs and serves as a resource and facilitator to the Safety Committee, Site Emergency Response Team, and other teams which comprise the safety and risk management process. Ensures meeting minutes are maintained as needed.
- Oversee the investigation of all accidents, equipment damage, and near misses in the facility to prevent a recurrence. Ensure appropriate action is taken to remedy the situation and prevent a reoccurrence.
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety training for employees, temporaries/contractors and visitors are conducted in a manner that is compliant with Fila USA’s Health & Safety Program for Brandon Woods and federal, state and local EHS regulatory agencies.
- Enforce all safety rules. Work with managers and supervisors to apply the proper corrective measures or those employees who violate safety rules.
- Oversee the reporting of all employee injury reports to the Worker's Compensation Administrator.
- Review accident and injury statistics and determine areas where health and safety improvements need to be made; Ensures that all record-keeping (injury/accident reports, employee training, etc.) is kept in a timely and accurate manner and is consistent with applicable laws.
- Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, any hazard assessments, and location of first aid are maintained and current.
- Prepare for and participate in audits and ensure OSHA logs and reporting requirements are fully met.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual audits of the distribution center, offices, and work stations to assure safe and healthful conditions for employees and compliance with federal, state and local EHS regulatory agencies.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and standards to ensure compliance; interact with Federal, State, and Local EHS regulatory agencies as required.
- Assist Human Resources with injury management as well as return-to-work (RTW) programs when necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, or related field
- Possess an industry recognized safety certification (i.e., ASP, CSP, CIH, etc.) preferred
- 5+ years of experience in developing and/or maintaining industrial safety programs in a warehouse (5k sq. ft.) or manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and/or alternative shifts as required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Environmental Health and Safety Knowledge: Solid knowledge of OSHA regulations and experience in a warehouse, manufacturing or distribution center environment, including Material Handling Equipment (MHE) operation.
- Laws and Regulations Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Action/Results Oriented: Ability to work independently to develop appropriate plans and/or actions to facilitate change. Possesses strong influencing skill and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
- Collaboration Skills: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic Thinking Skills: Ability to develop creative “out-of-the box” approaches to risk diagnosis and mitigation; active learner able to quickly understand relevant risks associated with tactics
- Influence Skills: strong ability to influence, negotiate, resolve conflicts and facilitate change among a diverse group of individuals
- Technical Skills: Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products mandatory; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to adapt/Flexibility: well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy. Flexibility to be on call as necessary to participate in investigations and follow up across all operating shifts.