Neenah Inc. brings possibilities to life and we're committed to creating growth opportunities for our customers, end-users, shareholders and most importantly - our employees. Join our global team and begin creating value through innovative, performance-driving solutions.
We are seeking an environmental compliance and management system expert to join our team as the Environmental Manager for our Whiting, WI facility.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive mill environmental management processes, provide compliance oversight and lead mill initiatives in waste reduction, improved performance and contribution to Neenah’s sustainability goals. The successful candidate will have exceptional experience in environmental compliance for complex industrial manufacturing processes and a proven track record of regulatory reporting and external stakeholder management on environmental issues.
Manages compliance oversight, regulatory reporting, develop of management systems, training content, leadership and coaching to mill employees on environmental issues and Whiting’s contribution to Neenah’s sustainability goals.
- Develops & deploys compliance protocols for the mill to ensure robust compliance with air, water, waste and other environmental regulatory requirements.
- Manage the mill’s biological wastewater treatment system (WWTS) and the on-site environmental laboratory to ensure stable and efficient operation and compliance with the mill’s direct discharge NPDES permit.
- Develops & deploys comprehensive and effective environmental training for mill operations and supply chain personnel, leveraging innovative techniques in training content, delivery and verification of training effectiveness.
- Ensures the mill has comprehensive and adaptive management systems to ensure it can consistently meet environmental compliance requirements.
- Serve as coach, mentor and guide on environmental reporting standards and public disclosure requests as it relates to mill’s environmental issues
- Conducts compliance audits, root cause analyses and corrective action plan development to reduce compliance gaps in the spirit of continuous improvement in environmental management systems.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the mill’s GHG emissions measuring, reporting and reduction initiatives.
- Developing key metrics, management systems and reporting processes to support corporate sustainability reporting in accordance with GRI protocols.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience managing a biological wastewater treatment system for industrial processes. Wastewater certification is strongly preferred.
- 8+ Years of managing environmental compliance issues in a highly regulated, industrial manufacturing process with advanced knowledge in RCRA, CAAA, NPDES, SWPPP, EPCRA and DOT-HMTA compliance.
- Must be highly effective at chartering and leading cross-functional teams to deliver environmental projects against hard deadlines
- Successful candidate should have practical, hands-on experience in GHG reporting protocols, calculating Scope 1/2/3 emissions and identifying reduction projections
- Ability to effectively engage with and contribute to technical and regulatory stakeholder organizations, such as TAPPI and NCASI
- Experience managing compliance in Title V major source facilities.
- Certifications are a plus (CHMM, REM, P.E. etc.)
To apply please use the Apply Now link on this posting.
Neenah is committed to manufacturing growth for its customers, end-users, shareholders, and employees. With manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and the United Kingdom, we are a leading global manufacturer of specialty materials serving customers across six continents, with headquarters in Alpharetta, GA.
We are focused on growing in filtration media, specialty coatings, engineered materials, and premium packaging. Our materials are found in a variety of products used every day, such as transportation and water filters, premium packaging of spirits, technology and beauty products, industrial labels, tapes and abrasives, and digital printing for high-end apparel. To learn more, please visit www.neenah.com.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.