Aarcher Talent is seeking an Environmental Specialist for our client in Monroe, NC. Excellent opportunity to work with a great team and for a company who values their employees. Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the Environmental programs in accordance with all regulatory affairs.
Responsibilities will specifically be focused on creation, management, and monitoring of written compliance programs in regard to regulatory affairs. This individual is highly knowledgeable of regulations including TSCA, EPA (FIFRA and Safer Choice), Greenseal, US AIM and ISO 14001. This position provides reports and notifications to the Director of R&D, is a resource for questions and clarification, and provides regulatory training and feedback to several departments within the organization including but not limited to plant personnel, product management, and sales.
Great benefits to include:
- Open paid time off
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. degree with a science major and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of Environmental Experience
- Industry knowledge and/or knowledge of TSCA, EPA (FIFRA and Safer Choice), US AIM, Greenseal, ISO 14001
- Nice to have, knowledge of other global regulatory agencies, EU, China, Japan, Korea and Australia.
- Required to have an extensive working knowledge of PC functions and Microsoft Office programs including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Intelligent Authoring by Sphera® is a plus.
- Internal Auditor Course for ISO 14001 is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, works independently, displays initiative and solves problems with proficiency.
- Maintain and oversee written compliance programs and other regulatory documentation.
- Coordinate efforts associated with the preparation of regulatory documents or submissions
- Develop or conduct employee regulatory training.
- Communicate with consultants and regulatory agencies regarding regulatory affairs
- Coordinate, prepare, or review regulatory requirements or submission for domestic or international projects
- Review product promotional materials, labeling, Safety Data Sheets, specification sheets or test methods for compliance with applicable regulations and policies
- Advise Product Management on subjects such as regulatory requirements, export and labeling requirements or other compliance issues
- Write or update standard operating procedures, work instructions, or policies
- Obtain, distribute, and maintain updated information regarding domestic or international laws, guidelines, or standards.
- Identify relevant guidance documents, international standards, or consensus standards and provide interpretive assistance.
- Maintain current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents.
- Participate in internal or external audits
- Able and willing to work necessary hours to meet all project deadlines, travel when necessary.
- Develop mutually beneficial, respectful, and effective relationships with peers to ensure seamless coordination between departments, maximize synergy, and maintain a shared vision, strategy, and focus.
- Oversees and contributes to the development and continual improvement of the SHEQ Management System(s).
- Other duties as assigned – Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Must be able to bend, climb stairs, and continuously stand or walk 75% of the time.
- Must be able to move within the office and plant to reach file cabinets, office machinery, etc...
- Must be able to use dexterity to handle small safety equipment and/or hazardous material.
- Must be able to lift and carry 15-25 pounds and frequently move equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by listening and also in both written and verbal forms.
- Generally works in an office environment but is also required to perform job duties in a typical manufacturing/plant setting.
- This position regularly requires large amounts of time to be spent using safety equipment, which generally entails regular and repetitive motions along with exposure to loud noises or hazardous material. All safety procedures should be adhered to in these situations.
- Will regularly be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or chemicals. All safety procedures should be adhered to in each of these situations.