WIELAND – Who we are: As the copper and copper alloy specialist at the top of the world league, we provide support for our customer’s success from many locations and continents – backed by a reliable, flexible supply network and the best services of unvarying quality. Our exceptionally extensive product line is matched by an equally impressive variety of custom finishing capabilities and value-added services including but not limited to precision metal slitting, tinning and electroplating, metal coatings, and traverse winding.
Wieland has an exciting opportunity for individuals that are dedicated to bringing motivation and premium performance to our company. We are looking for a SAFETY AND OPERATIONS COORDINATOR to join our team!
This is a full-time position; Monday-Friday, 1st Shift
Competitive Benefits Offered: *Medical*Dental*Vision*401K*Paid Time Off*Wieland Wellness Program* (Benefits available at your date of hire)
Pay Frequency: Weekly
Facility Location: 44 Railroad Hill St. Waterbury, CT 06708
This role is accountable for facilitating the safety program and supporting our HR team with administrative tasks.
- Improve on and facilitate the execution of our safety program along with related initiatives and inspections.
- Complete and file required documentation to our corporate safety office or local state and federal agencies.
- Lead safety investigations and ensure corrective actions are appropriate and sustainable.
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Respond to employees’ entries into our safety management system.
- Case Management procedures for injury
- Champion the Safety-First culture; lead and engage in safety improvement initiatives as identified and lead the VPP safety system and certification process.
- Lead and manage all safety trainings and programs
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Work with Corporate HR to help with new hire interviews and process new hires
- Document all safety trainings
- Facilitating safety modules through Cornerstone our learning management system.
- Maintain and file reports to safety management system
- 3-plus years' experience facilitating cross-functional teams in the office environment
- Safety program experience is a plus, passion for safety is required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills and organization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office software programs
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must recognize the importance of confidentiality in handling employee information and records
- Must be detailed-oriented and recognize the importance of accuracy and timeliness in completing tasks
- High school Diploma or GED
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer