Muratec is a world leader in machine tool technology, automated material handling systems, clean room automation and textile machinery. The Muratec brand is synonymous with industrial automation and reliability across our extensive product line.
Open to location - nationwide
Responsible for the administration of all safety, health and environmental requirements onsite during installation and sustaining activities as directed by safety manager to include ad hoc problem solving, auditing, inspections, overseeing of contract safety personnel, incident investigation with a service-oriented approach to our customers our employees and our contractors. Assists with safety program and training development and implementations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, review, evaluate and implement Murata Machinery USA (MMUSA) health and safety policies, programs and procedures as assigned.
- Increase health and safety awareness at all levels within MMUSA.
- Investigate all serious/critical personal injury and near miss incidents involving MMUSA personnel, contractor and/or visitors. Assist operations with root cause analysis and identification of solutions for incident casual factors. Track to completion. Report on findings and follow-up.
- Investigate, assist with solutions and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to appropriate senior staff.
- Respond to employee’s safety concerns, assist with solutions, and track to completion.
- Track and provide metrics as requested.
- Maintain all records in accordance with regulatory requirements. Prepare reports as requested.
- Provide direction for contract safety personnel.
- Conduct worksite safety inspections to recognize safe work practices, to identify hazards, and to work collaboratively with employees and management for identification and implementation of controls.
- Attend all meetings pertaining the safety of MMUSA personnel.
- Assist in the development of the site safety plans and manage the upkeep of those documents.
- Assure review of site safety plans at project kick off meetings.
- Review pre-task plans.
- Coordinate on-site customer specific safety training.
- Conduct weekly safety audits and submit reports to appropriate personnel.
- Arrange for health and safety testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies and consultants as may be necessary.
- Act as liaison with all related customer personnel and key contracted personnel.
- Develop and deliver safety training assigned.
- Coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures.
- Liaise with the customer regarding emergency procedures, communications and safety education programs.
- Analyze work processes and perform risk assessments. Implement controls to mitigate those risks.
- Act as liaison with regulatory agencies as required.
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices and safety excellence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- General knowledge of accident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA regulatory requirements.
- General knowledge of safety and occupational health methods, practices, principles and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with contractors and construction safety.
- Demonstrated experience in and ability to creatively deliver and document training in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities to manage multiple projects/work initiatives at one time.
- Strong writing skills, including process documentation and report preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team member within and across organizational lines to achieve Company goals.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative within established guidelines.
- BCSP certification (CHST, OHST, ASP, GSP) preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree in a Safety or equivalent education is preferred. Minimum 2 years’ experience in administration, implementation and development of environmental, safety and health programs.
Minimum of one year of developing and delivering training experience and 1-2 years of contractor/construction experience is required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Familiarity with Automated Material Handling Systems (AMHS) and clean room experience preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills. Self-motivated, adaptable to change and flexible regarding work schedule. Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner. Strong operational leadership and customer/contractor management skills.
Must be willing and able to travel up to 90% mainly domestic. International travel might be required. Excellent driving skills and clean driving record is required.