Are you a Safety and Health professional who is looking for career growth with a dynamic mining company? Nevada Gold Mines has the job for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Safety and Health Specialist at multiple of our locations. The successful candidate will work with Safety and Health professionals to develop and implement strategies to control immediate risks in the workplace and solve complex Safety and Health problems.
At Nevada Gold Mines we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
· Act as a technical advisor and coach to the site management team while working with Senior Safety and Health professionals to develop and implement strategies to control immediate risks in the workplace and solve complex Safety and Health problems.
· Actively participate in internal Safety and Health inspections and audits to identify conditions, behaviors, corrective action implementation/compliance, and/or training related corrective actions and needs.
· Maintain a weekly to monthly overview plan for Industrial Hygiene and/or Safety and Health functions related to their assigned area or division.
· Work with all employees and staff to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and company safety and health standards and systems. Accompany division management along with MSHA and State inspectors during inspections.
· Assist with health testing or industrial hygiene activities as needed.
· Serve as a resource or facilitator for incident investigations and TapRoot, ICAM, 5 Y, or Fishbone analysis to ensure that all incidents are properly investigated to determine root cause. Actively participate in the development of effective correction actions to prevent recurrence of safety incidents or industrial hygiene exposures.
· Maintain accurate documentation and data entry in databases.
· Assist in Team Based and Formal Risk Assessments by facilitating, developing, and tracking action plans.
· Maintain and sustain active involvement with division safety team, committees.
· Provide Safety and Health coaching, mentoring, and teaching to all employees.
· Actively participate in toolbox meetings, safety meetings, and other training sessions.
· Develop and instruct MSHA topics during New Hire Orientation, Annual Refresher Training, and Contractor Hazard Training.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Associates Degree + 6 years of experience in industry preferred
· Bachelors Safety Degree + 3 years of experience preferred
· Assigned & completed time in at least 2 divisions (year per division) preferred
· 10-15 years of experience in industry with proven/demonstrated Leadership in Safety preferred
· CAOCH certification & Testing Activity preferred
· Pulmonary function technician certification & Testing Activity preferred
· NSC Advanced Safety Certification preferred
· Completed time in IH role/training preferred
What We Can Offer You
· A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution AND employer match, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
· Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
· Endless opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
· Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
· Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines (NGM) is a joint venture between Barrick (61.5%) and Newmont (38.5%) that combined our significant assets across Nevada in 2019 to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world. NGM produces approximately 3.5 million ounces of gold a year. The massive mining operation comprises eight mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities and hosts three of Barrick’s Tier One assets: Carlin, Cortez, and Turquoise Ridge. At NGM, our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and owning the best assets, with the best people, to deliver sustainable returns for our owners and partners.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.