Neenah Inc. brings possibilities to life and we're committed to creating growth opportunities for our customers, end-users, shareholders and most importantly - our employees. Join our global team and begin creating value through innovative, performance-driving solutions.
We are growing and actively searching for a Safety Specialist located in Munising, MI. This role provides leadership and coordination of activities to achieve safety, loss control, housekeeping, and regulatory compliance at the Munising. This candidate will work with other leaders at the Munising Mill and Performance Materials. Ideal candidate will have the attitude, initiative and excellent interpersonal skills to support Neenah’s collaborative, high-achievement culture.
- Safety Leadership
- Exercise personal leadership to provide an environment that puts a priority on providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees and conforms to applicable local, state, and federal codes and laws governing loss control.
- Developing Loss Control System
- Lead and support safety system improvements in specific focus areas.
- Audit and ensure continuous improvement in safety programs, processes, and employee involvement.
- Lead Munising’s Joint Health and Safety Committee and encourage mill-wide involvement to meet the committee’s objectives.
- Develop commitment with other leaders in the facility that will result in positive impacts for safety and loss control in a production environment.
- Develop and implement activities that engage employee’s heart and minds.
- Support mill wide loss control efforts to reduce accidents/incidents:
- Serve as the facility Emergency Preparedness Coordinator.
- Lead the mill planned inspection team in the development, implementation, and, sustainment of the element.
- Actively participate on the mill Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Promote incident reporting of all types (near miss, first aid, property damage, etc) in areas of responsibility.
- Lead incident investigations in areas of responsibility. Complete investigations within required time period.
- Conduct planned inspections for assigned zone or guarding assessments as assigned.
- Complete assigned corrective actions from activities such as Incident Investigations and Planned Inspections in a timely manner.
- Ensure all safety rules and procedures are followed by employees in area of responsibility. Correct unacceptable behavior through progressive discipline.
- Support Human Resources
- Support occupational health training and testing requirements to meet corporate, state, and federal standards.
- Participate in new hire orientation and on-boarding to ensure it is engrained that safety is our number one core value.
- Other Safety Responsibilities
- Maintain, communicate, and drive improvements in Munising’s leading safety indicators.
- Lead the effort to address employees who have a safety performance track record through fitness for duty evaluations and meetings to discuss safety performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to embody the Neenah values of High Achievement High Support
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven ability to efficiently and accurately process a high volume of detailed workload
- Excellent computer skills (including Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment a distinct plus
To apply please use the Apply Now link on this posting.
Neenah is committed to manufacturing growth for its customers, end-users, shareholders, and employees. With manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and the United Kingdom, we are a leading global manufacturer of specialty materials serving customers across six continents, with headquarters in Alpharetta, GA.
We are focused on growing in filtration media, specialty coatings, engineered materials, and premium packaging. Our materials are found in a variety of products used every day, such as transportation and water filters, premium packaging of spirits, technology and beauty products, industrial labels, tapes and abrasives, and digital printing for high-end apparel. To learn more, please visit www.neenah.com.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.