Founded in 1897, Molin Concrete Products is a proud designer, manufacturer, and installer of precast/prestressed concrete components. Recognized for excellence in the construction industry, Molin Concrete serves as a single source for the complete precast/prestressed building system throughout the 7-state Midwest region.
A career at Molin is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to be a part of an industry-leading company with a real passion for delivering excellence. As an employee-owned (ESOP) company, Molin places high value on every team member’s contributions. With unparalleled employee retention, Molin provides fantastic growth opportunities for people passionate about concrete products and excellent customer service. Make your passion into a career by joining the Molin team today.
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
Under the direction of the Human Resources & Safety Director and in conjunction with the manufacturing personnel, supervise and coordinate the company’s health and safety program designed to guard against accidental injury and disablement, fire, explosion, etc.
- Create and implement safety plans while ensuring that they are being followed daily.
- Train or coordinate health and safety training for all Molin staff and departments.
- Manage and collaborate with manufacturing leaders on internal and external audits of operations.
- Conduct safety observation reports on a regular basis.
- Attend safety walks and inspections before or during operations to analyze safety risks.
- Follow up on unsafe condition and maintenance request progress.
- Assist Receiving Department with distribution of Safety Data Sheets to correct SDS books.
- Update AWAIR program, policies, JSA’s and other health and safety programs.
- Educate and train employees on safety standards and expectations as well as safe machinery operation.
- Investigate accident that occur onsite and identify possible causes of accident.
- Direct safety committee meetings, projects and any safety training that employees are required to attend.
- Provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace.
- Maintain documentation of the company’s safety procedures, accidents and related events.
- Act as a liaison between management and external safety agencies, such as fire and insurance personnel.
- Responsible for managing, operating and maintaining surveillance equipment, observe recorded video surveillance footage as needed, and report incidents of unsafe acts/behavior to the Director of HR and Safety as necessary.
- Maintain PPE equipment is compliant and available for employees and visitors.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School diploma; Bachelor’s degree in health and safety or a related field preferred
- 3-5 years of leadership experience or supervisor role.
- Knowledge of construction and or manufacturing preferred
- Ability to work and embody the Molin Values of Safety, Respect, Teamwork, Do the Right Thing, Flexible and Customer Focus
- Understanding of federal, state and city safety requirements, including OSHA
- Ability to work with diverse work groups who have a variety of learning styles and preferences.
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees and manager.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time while meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel and safety software
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and other construction plans preferred in some fields
- Ability to work on own and be self-motivated.
- OSHA 30 hour (General Industry),
- MN AGC Supervisor Training Program (STP),
- Advanced Safety Certificate from MN Safety Council
- Registration as a Certified Safety Professional or similar form of licensure as a safety officer
- Valid Drivers License
- Frequent sitting/standing for long periods
- Occasional walking, standing and carrying in plant on uneven ground
- Frequent finger/wrist movement for keyboard use
- Acuity for near vision required; distance acuity occasionally
- Frequent bend/twist, push/pull, reach, and grasp
- Hearing for communication and safety
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
Environmental & Working Conditions:
- Office environment and consistent exposure to manufacturing/field setting
- Frequent talking and listening required
- Frequent exposure to dusty conditions and loud noises
- Exposure to extreme temperatures due to outdoor activities
- Internal: All Departments.
- External: OSHA, MN Dept. of Public Health, various safety agencies, insurance representatives, contractors and safety professionals