Senior HSE Supervisor, West Chester, Ohio
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join an organization that demonstrates a proactive health and safety management system, combined with strong employee engagement and environment that fosters continuous improvement. You will provide leadership and direct oversight for Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE), activities and performance for the Mason, OH manufacturing/assembly location by establishing strong working relationships with site leadership team and the employees. This position will manage an HSE nurse. You will report directly to the Intelligrated Sr. HSE Manager. You will be a key leader with the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) location directing sustainable health and safety programs through incorporation of impactful operating processes and keeping in front of leading practices in health and safety standards.
- Support Implementation, monitoring of the HS&E MS programs to ensure compliance with applicable HS&E guidelines, regulations, permits and standards.
- Investigates noncompliance conditions to determine and eliminate causes.
- Development or revise and implementation of HS&E policies and procedures.
- Conduct HS&E site assessments and audits.
- Lead site responses to Corporate and external audit findings.
- Identify improvement opportunities and discuss during tiered meetings.
- Coach supervisors and employees on HS&E issues.
- Influence plant personnel to improve HS&E standards through use of standard work, layered inspections, issue resolution, and visual management.
- Ability to understand/learn regulatory standards and Honeywell HSE policies and concepts.
- Ability to communicate HSE topics during formal training sessions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of professional judgement and integrity.
- Assist in the facility waste management plan including identification and implementation of minimization and recycling opportunities.
- Support proper application of Environmental regulations to assist in completing waste profiles, to provide guidance on waste characterization, and analysis and tot properly complete container labels and waste shipment documents.
- Discipline to adhere to schedules and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize data into meaningful information.
- Demonstrates teamwork and ownership for all HSE issues.
- Perform other duties/assignments as necessary.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of HS&E manufacturing experience
- 3+ years of experience in leading and managing HS&E compliance, strategy development, risk analysis, compliance assessment, and auditing in a manufacturing environment
- ISO certification process and VPP experience
- Ability to create a clear and compelling business case for change.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with the courage to stand alone/have an independent point of view, even if others disagree.
- Lean Six Sigma experience, Green Belt certification a strong plus.
- Record of progressive HS&E experience.
- Experience in Human and Organizational Performance methodology
- Union experience
- Prior supervisory experience